Staying Healthy While Abroad
Need to see a physical or mental health professional?
- Click here for a list of English-speaking doctors.
- Click here for a list of English-speaking counselors.
- Click here to read the abbreviated version of your UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here to read the full UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here to file an insurance claim form
Don't forget to get a receipt for payment when you consult! You'll need it to file a claim:
Do you know that French doctors make house calls? To have one come to your home, call SOS Médecins: 01 47 07 77 77. Note that you must have either a landline or a cell phone with a French phone number to use these services. Do not use SOS in an emergency; they are not emergency-service physicians.
In an emergency:
Dial 112. This will put you in contact with multi-lingual emergency services.
- 18 for the SAMU (similar to EMT services)
- 15 for Fire
- 17 for Police
- Sciences Po students in Paris will find an infirmary on their campus.
- For STD and HIV testing: Institut Alfred Fournier