Staying Healthy While Abroad

Need to see a physical or mental health professional? 

  • Click here for a list of English-speaking doctors.
  • Click here for a list of English-speaking counselors.
  • Read here to see what your UCEAP insurance policy covers.
  • Click here to file an insurance claim form

Don't forget to get a receipt for payment when you consult!  You'll need it to file a claim:


Do you know that French doctors make house calls?  To have one come to your home, call SOS Médecins: 01 47 07 77 77.  Note that you must have either a landline or a cell phone with a French phone number to use these services.  Do not use SOS in an emergency; they are not emergency-service physicians.

In an emergency:

Dial 112.  This will put you in contact with multi-lingual emergency services.

Or dial

  • 18 for the SAMU (similar to EMT services)
  • 15 for Fire
  • 17 for Police

Other Resources

  • Sciences Po students will find an infirmary on their campus.