Staying Healthy While Abroad
Please refer to the Health, Safety and Travel insurance information in your UCEAP portal.
If you need immediate assistance while abroad, call the local program emergency contacts. If you do not have the local or UCEAP Study Center emergency contact information, contact Chubb-AXA Global Travel Assistance 24/7,1-855-327-1420 (toll free from US/Canada) or 630-694-9804 (collect call option) or email email@example.com.
Need to see a physical or mental health professional?
- Click here for a list of Paris-based English-speaking doctors.
- Click here to access Global Travel and Medical Assistance Provider information
- Click here for a list of Paris-based English-speaking counselors.
- Click here to read the abbreviated version of your UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here to read the full UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here for the guide to submitting a medical/sickness claim form
- Click here for the accident/illness insurance claim form
- Click here for trip delay claim form
- Click here for the property loss claim form
- Click here for the guide to submitting a non-medical insurance/trip cancellation/property loss claim form
- Click here to see your insurance card
- For Sciences Po Reims: click here for a list of Reims-based English-speaker healthcare professionals
- For Lyon Immersion: click here for a list of Lyon-based healthcare professionals
Don't forget to get a receipt for payment when you consult a health care professional! You'll need it to file a claim:
Do you know that French doctors make house calls? To have one come to your home, call SOS Médecins: For Paris: 01 47 07 77 77; for Lyon: 04 78 83 51 51; for Reims: 03 52 74 06 07. Note that you must have either a landline or a cell phone with a French phone number to use these services. Do not use SOS in an emergency; they are not emergency-service physicians.
Dial 112. This will put you in contact with multi-lingual emergency services.
- 15 for the SAMU (similar to EMT services)
- 18 for Fire
- 17 for Police
- Sciences Po students in Paris will find an infirmary on their campus.
- For STD and HIV testing: Institut Alfred Fournier