Staying Healthy While Abroad
Need to see a physical or mental health professional?
- Click here for a list of Paris-based English-speaking doctors.
- Click here for a list of Paris-based English-speaking counselors. Students on ACCENT programs can also phone Equilibrio counselors 24/7: 08 05 11 07 86 or +44 20-7938-0870
- Click here to read the abbreviated version of your UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here to read the full UCEAP insurance policy coverage.
- Click here to read about COVID-19 insurance coverage
- Click here for the guide to submitting a medical/sickness claim form
- Click here for trip delay claim form
- Click here for the property loss claim form
- Click here for the guide to submitting a non-medical insurance/trip cancellation/property loss claim form
- Click here to see your insurance card
- For Sciences Po Reims: click here for a list of Reims-based English-speaker healthcare professionals
Don't forget to get a receipt for payment when you consult a health care professional! You'll need it to file a claim:
Do you know that French doctors make house calls? To have one come to your home, call SOS Médecins: For Paris: 01 47 07 77 77; for Lyon: 04 78 83 51 51; for Reims: 03 52 74 06 07. Note that you must have either a landline or a cell phone with a French phone number to use these services. Do not use SOS in an emergency; they are not emergency-service physicians.
Dial 112. This will put you in contact with multi-lingual emergency services.
- 15 for the SAMU (similar to EMT services)
- 18 for Fire
- 17 for Police
- Sciences Po students in Paris will find an infirmary on their campus.
- For STD and HIV testing: Institut Alfred Fournier